Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Surrendering It All

Surrender What? ALL of it!


As we all journey together on this road to being a Kingdom Woman, the question was asked about our ability to surrender and what it has meant to us? As usual, there were  many excellent responses and stories of God's amazing grace. There were stories of transplants God arranged , moms trying to let go of expectations and fear, so many great stories from women being real.

My story is a pretty easy one to tell. I was a worrier, health nut, fear-based-liver, on the road to trusting completely!

You see, God knew my weak spot. When people asked how I was doing, my response was always the same. "We are all healthy so life is good." I really said that all the time. Counting my blessings that we were all healthy. But God knew that was a weakness, a fear. What if I wasn't well? Could I still say life is good? Yes! After Lyme Disease and some years of practice. I can say it is still good even if I have to surrender it all to Him. I know He loves me and wants what is best for me and this is part of my training for what He needs me to do later, for His glory. I don't know what it is but He does and that's all that matters!

I have a quote that I found today.

Surrender to what is. Let go of what was. Have faith in what will be.





2 comments:

Chrystal said...

Great post!

Chrystal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.