Saturday, September 21, 2013

Oktoberfest

We had a wonderful day today. We went and bought a ton of flagstone rocks to make a sitting area out back, got two big bags of gravel and then worked in the yard a few hours.  I am so excited to be getting things fixed up around here . I feel much more at ease, like I can rest a little, when things are taken care of first.

We then headed out with the kids, that usually always means my daughter's boyfriend too, and went to Oktoberfest . We had some fun there but honestly, it was too crowded and hectic for me . I did enjoy us all being together though. Anytime we can be together it doesn't matter where we go or what we do, I count it as a blessing. We ran into a high school friend who is a really neat guy but seems to be lost at this time of his life. It was so sad to see him like that after being raised in the church and so dedicated to his faith during his younger years. We plan on hanging out with him more and getting to know him again. It's been way too long since we've seen him.

I have still been making Christmas gifts. Today I made shampoo. It calls for 2 tsp. almond oil, 2 cups Dr. Bronner soap, and 2 cups coconut milk. It's pretty good but I forgot to use apple cider vinegar as a rinse to balance out the ph, so my hair feels like bad doll hair. But at least I'm learning on me before I give it as a gift to someone else.


No comments: