Monday, September 23, 2013

We Are All Growing Older

Yesterday was the day it kind of sunk in, hard. Time is flying by. I have known that for years but it is gaining momentum quickly.

My daughter's boyfriend bought his first truck. He is a wonderful, responsible young man and has been working really hard to get to this point. He came over last night with his mom and dad and we all had dinner together. When they were leaving, as he was driving off, I was shocked at the reality of it all. He is the same age that my husband was when we started dating. There are so many similarities between the two of them ( my daughter and her boyfriend) and me and my husband. It is eerie.

I have to say that I wasn't planning on them dating, we planned on doing the whole "homeschool courting" thing, but such as life, it didn't happen that way. But from the beginning I have had a peace about it. I could not ask for any young man to treat our daughter better or to love her more. I hope and pray that they have  as much fun and love each other as much as me and my husband love each other. The fun isn't always there when you get older and life hits you, but with a true love, it makes it much better that if you were alone.

As the time flies by , I will try to soak it all in and love them all deeply!

No comments: