Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Love is a Funny Thing


I think it is so funny how I can be so in love with two girls I hardly know. They are my nieces , my sister-in-law has fostered them for 2 years, and now we are getting certified to adopt them. I miss them every day and can not wait to be a family.
I love my kids so much that I can easily have that feeling for these girls just as if someone said to me "You're pregnant". You know it doesn't take more than a second to love the child you haven't even met or known, it is just a natural feeling.
Our kiddos have been left alone more than normal and I know they are ok with it because they are doing it for the sake of getting their sisters.
We all know it will be an adjustment, but we are willing to all work as a team. It might be messy at times, but who out there is perfect?
We finished our 12 hour foster class tonight and still have quite a few things to get done. I have promised myself NOT to get impatient and to count on God's perfect timing and plan for all of us.
Well, that is it for the Lyle Dial today.

No comments: