Friday, October 15, 2010

I have been on a roll lately


I have been on a roll. This is my third post this year and it is only October. I am doing such an amazing job at being consistant.
Well, I went to Goodwill today with my daughter and was really wanting to find a cool dress-up outfit for her for our Fall Festivals and candy collecting. If we don't call it Trick or Treating it means we aren't bad, right? Just kidding but really, what a trip it is to have to discuss why we don't dress up as witches or vampires. Don't want to have to explain, let's just move on and accept the fact that we all parent differently. The neighbors were wondering why I don't allow our kids to dress in that stuff and I felt bad again trying to explain that I just don't like that stuff. They all said they did it and grew up fine. And I agree, they are great people, I just feel like it is not a good idea for us.
Ok, on a different note, I went to Kim's new house tonight and saw my girls, man I wish we had them here already and were all set. I did decide today that since they will be ours that I will be bypassing the normal pregnancy and labor pains, so public school will be considered my labor pains with them. Don't get me wrong, I respect people's choices to do what they want with their children's education, but for me, dealing with the government and their ideas of brainwashing kids, doesn't work for me. They are mine to raise with our family beliefs, and I take that job VERY seriously. So dealing with their rules, is hard to stomach. But we will do it and we will respect authority. Cause later, I want our kids to respect the highest authority and we all know who HE is. Training starts now.
Well, hubby and I are off to 6 hour foster training tomorrow. Just think, it has only been one week since we talked with LSS about adopting the girls.
God is GREAT!

No comments: