Sunday, December 7, 2008

Why use a short broom?

This is so silly but we just got back from church ( for the second time today ). I was so excited to go because our missionary friends were speaking. They have been in the Philippines for years. One of the things they showed me was a very short ( and of course handmade) little broom. Maybe 2 feet tall. He said all of them are like this. Everywhere you see people bent over in half sweeping. I questioned him and thought maybe it was to make 3 bamboo handles instead of just1, but then again, bamboo grows like mad. It made me think about how we must make God at least chuckle when we do things like that in our spiritual walk. We have what we need at our fingertips but insist on doing it the hard way. I need to make sure I don't have any 2 foot handles in my spiritual walk. I know I do.

My son is all better. He still has a cough, but he hasn't had a fever in 5 days or so. I am so thankful for medicine. He couldn't even breathe.

I am ALL DONE with my Christmas shopping.I like to get it done but I also enjoy picking out the gifts. I have to mail a few gift cards but other than that I am done.

No comments: