Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Give me patience and a kind heart

I have spent the last two days (three actually) with a very sick boy. I think it is important to acknowledge a HUGE pet peeve I have. And this is the only one I have. When people KNOW that their kids or they themselves are sick and come around others. People are so worried they will miss out on something that they expose people to stuff because they are selfish. Sorry, but it chaps my big fanny. Now, breathing treatments, up all night, my son crying saying it hurts, and calling customers and telling them I can't do their hair, and loss of money. I love my family to pieces but I just wish this wouldn't happen. This is not the first time it has happened either. Well, my point is, I need to think nice thoughts and I am struggling with that.

My husband and I are so thankful for what we have, I don't want to take all my thinking into a waste of being irritated. I need to focus on all of these blessings and realize not everyone is the same. ( yea! )

My daughter and I sat on the couch and watched 5 episodes of Little House on the Prarie. It was so fun. I realize I like that show so much because I wish I lived back then Of course, we would be hurting really badly right now without asthma medicine. My friend then stopped by to bring us a few movies, The real St. Nicholas, and The Footprints of God. I learned more from watching that movie than I have in 15 years of church. I realized today that I am a very visual learner. Then I realized, so is my daughter. This might help me teach better. It's not to late to realize that, she is only 10 :} Well, once again, I thank God for all of our blessings. Let me list them,
My mom and dad calling today
Friends being such a wonderful blessing to me, she will never know how much I appreciate her
Friend across the street, I miss her
Kepper's mom for all of her friendship and hard work
Medicine
My sister-in-law made it through her surgery
my in-laws helping her when I can't
And my husband who works his rear off and then comes home and loves us all! He is the best!
My brothers and my parents


Blessings and goodnight ( even though I will get little sleep)

No comments: