Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas!

Well, let me explain the " White Christmas". One of my best friend's daughters spent the night last night. She is on one the sweetest kids I know and I always enjoy being with her. Well,her parents and my husband and I went out to dinner together as couples WITH NO CHILDREN (except a sweet baby, he still nurses) Anyway, her oldest daughter babysat for us and we had a lot of fun. Visiting with them and talking and laughing is such a treat. We went out to dinner and then stopped at a book store and looked in the parenting/teaching section. We both home school so it is something we both love to do, look at educational books.


The next day, my friend called and said her two boys were loaded with some pretty healthy lice~We have never had it before ( Thank the Lord)I know it is one of those things that just happens, there is nothing you can do to prevent it. I am a very cautious person when it comes to germs ( aka germ freak) Not really, but maybe a little more than some people. So , the White Christmas is what I do not want to see on my kid's head in a month. Yuck! I felt so bad for my friend because she was very busy today with all her cleaning and combing and I know it was just another stress she didn't need, but, life happens if you're livin'! I plan on things being calm when I am dead.

We decided to be festive and have family time while my hubby was off so we put up our tree tonight. My mom-in-law let us borrow one so we can save money. We have been trying VERY hard to continue our new lifestyle post-Dave Ramsey. I have been so proud of the sacrifices my hubby has made. He has really shocked me in the things he has given up.

I have been looking at some other home school blogs and I have decided I could probably not buy any curriculum besides math . There are so many links and lessons on other people's blogs. I found a really cool one today of a brain printable that you make into a hat. Very neat.

I look forward to tomorrow with a heart full of thanksgiving. This year has been such a growing time for our family. God has shown us many new things . We are so thankful to have the privileges that we have in worshiping God. It was not easy for the pilgrims at all but they made a way for the rest of us. I can not imagine bringing my kids over here in the conditions they chose to endure.

I am thankful tonight for the right to home school my children, friends and family, health for all of us, a home, a job for my husband, the opportunity to live in the greatest country ever, the military that fight for these rights, and for Jesus dieing on the cross for all of my sins! Have a very blessed day!

No comments: